You’ve probably come across a website where an article played audio that helped illustrate a topic – like a short clip of rain falling outside a window to evoke an emotion of how gloomy we feel during rainy days. You may have been captivated by a music track while browsing an interactive website you didn’t realize you’d spent 25 minutes on. These audio elements that create a pleasant browsing experience are called sound clips. A sound clip is an audio file that you can upload to your WordPress post to engage your audience, add emotion, and even drive conversions.
Adding sound clips to your WordPress site is relatively easy. In this post, you’ll get all the information you need about adding audio to your site in an easy-to-understand way. If you’re serious about wanting rich media on your website, then this is for you.
Alternative – 1. Create an Audio Playlist
The audio playlist feature allows you to group several songs and add them to your blog. The playlist will be displayed on your blog as a series of buttons, allowing visitors to click through and listen to each song individually.
If you are using Gutenberg Block Editor:
- Click the Block Inserter icon “+” and search “Classic.”
- Click on the block.
- Click on the “Add Media” button.
- Click the “Create Audio Playlist” option from the left menu.
- Select the audio files you want to add to your playlist from the Media Library.
- Click “Create New Playlist.”
- Move songs around in your playlist order by dragging them left or right within the list (like moving files around on your desktop).
- Click “Insert Audio Playlist.”
You can add sound clips in various formats, including MP3 and WAV files. If you have an unsupported audio format, converting the file into a supported format using an online audio converter should be your initial step.
Alternative – 2. Add Audio using an Audio Block.
As an embedded player, the audio block lets you add an audio file to your blog post. It’s similar to the video block but displays an audio player instead of a video.
To add audio using an audio block:
- Click the Block Inserter icon “+” and search “Audio.”
- Click on the block.
- You’ll see three options to add a file:
- Media Library
- Insert from URL
- Choose the appropriate option depending on where your audio file is located.
Alternative – 3. Embed Audio with SoundCloud
SoundCloud allows its users to share their sounds, songs, and music legally. You can add audio files to your site and let users play them by embedding Soundcloud files on WordPress. It is the most user-friendly way of adding audio without downloading MP3 files.
Below are the steps to embed audio with SoundCloud:
- Go to SoundCloud and find an audio clip you want to embed.
- Click the “Share” button and copy the embed code below the player.
- Add a new SoundCloud Block in the WordPress editor (in WordPress, this will be Visual Editor or HTML Editor).
- Paste the embed code to the Soundblock track, then click Embed.
- Then, the Soundcloud track thumbnail will appear on your page.
Alternative – 4. Use a WordPress Audio Player Plugin
A free way to add sound clips to your site is through the WordPress plugin library. Hundreds of audio plugins are available for download through the official WordPress plugin directory at https://wordpress.org/plugins/. You can sort them by popularity (most downloaded) or rating (highest rated).
We have selected three best WordPress audio plugins that you can use on your website:
- Audio Album – This plugin creates an audio album to upload single or multiple mp3 files. It also allows you to add album art, title, artist, and other information. The plugin will automatically generate a player for your tracks and display them on your website.
- Compact WP Audio Player – This plugin uses an HTML5 audio player, which allows you to use the plugin in all modern browsers. Furthermore, it has a responsive design that works on any device, including mobile phones and tablets.
- HTML5 Audio Player – This plugin creates a responsive HTML5 audio player that you can use on your website. It allows you to upload multiple mp3 files, create playlists and display album art. You can also add custom CSS code to customize the player further.
Adding sound clips to your WordPress site while incorporating the perfect theme can help convey your message more effectively. You can find excellent WordPress themes from the Blaze Themes collection to bring your ideas to life. It’s designed with an updated user interface and enhanced features to manage your WordPress website more efficiently.
The four ways above should be enough to get you started. You don’t need any special music track editing software or a degree in sound engineering, just a bit of time and energy after you’ve designed your site to add sound clips. In the end, adding sound to designs is well worth the effort!